Examples of Sentences with semicolons
Sentences with semicolons
Post by nattttExamples:
Posted on 2012-02-08 10:50:57
- Call me tomorrow; I will give you my answer then.
- I have paid my dues; therefore, I expect all the privileges listed in the contract.
- This conference has people who have come from Boise, Idaho; Los Angeles, California; and Nashville, Tennessee.
- When I finish here, I will be glad to help you; and that is a promise I will keep.
- If she can, she will attempt that feat; and if her husband is able, he will be there to see her.
- You will want to bring many backpacking items; for example, sleeping bags, pans, and warm clothing.
- You will want to bring many backpacking items, for example, sleeping bags, pans, and warm clothing.
- You will want to bring many backpacking items; for example, sleeping bags, pans, and warm clothing will make the trip better.
- As we discussed, you will bring two items; i.e., a sleeping bag and a tent are not optional.
Is this example useful?
To share this example, copy and paste this code into your website, blog or forum:
Dash Posted on 2011-04-30 19:43:041. Indicates a sudden break or abrupt change in continuity: “If—if you"ll just let me ex-plain—" the student stammered. And the problem...
Comma Posted on 2011-04-30 19:41:261. Separates the clauses of a compound sentence connected by a coordinating conjunction: A difference exists between the musical works of Ha...
Exclamation Point Posted on 2011-04-30 11:02:441. Terminates an emphatic or exclamatory sentence: Go home at once! You"ve got to be kidding! 2. Terminates an emphatic interjection: Encor...
Question Mark Posted on 2011-04-30 11:02:04The rules for using question marks: - Use a question mark after a question. Example: Isn"t the Mason-Dixon line what separates y"al...
Colon Posted on 2011-04-30 10:56:551. Introduces words, phrases, or clauses that explain, amplify, or summarize what has gone before: Suddenly I realized where we were: Rome. ...